PLANNING IS THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT STEP IN COLLEGE PLACEMENT.
Boasting a near 100% college placement rate, the IJGA approach to college preparation has proven effective time and time again. Our students have received millions of dollars in scholarships and our alumni have gone to attend schools with prestigious golf programs such as Georgia Tech, Princeton, Dartmouth, Oklahoma State University, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Yale, University of Alabama, UCLA and Boston College. Ultimately, our students have gone on to have successful careers in the PGA, LPGA, and European Tours, with some alumni reaching the ranks of famous golfers.
WHAT’S THE ONE THING YOU HAVE TO DO TODAY TO BE YOUR BEST?
At IJGA we believe that the college process is one of the most important aspects of Academy life and you cannot start the process early enough.
And at IJGA, College Planning and Placement is a part of your tuition. It is not an additional fee.
The College Planning and Placement team works to find the best possible college fit for every student, based on their individual golf and academic levels. We want to ensure during their years at the Academy they have been adequately prepared and equipped to be eligible and accepted into the best college program for them. College coaches are attracted to our concept of creating independence through education. College coaches see a player to be more college ready after their experiences living and training on both IJGA campuses.
THERE’S A PATH FOR EVERYONE.
The college placement process can be quite daunting without a solid plan and clear direction, especially for international students, who are not familiar with the strict National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) requirements and rules.
Our qualified and experienced College Planning and Placement Team, together with the coaching team, has a strong network of college coach relationships that can help eliminate many of the unknowns and identify the right program for every student. We will lead and guide you through the intricacies of the process and give every student the best opportunity to make the right decision for them.
Whether students aspire to NCAA Division I, II or III or a NAIA school, there is a college for everyone.
YOUR COLLEGE GOLF RESOURCE CENTER.
With limited college golf team spots and scholarships available, you need an edge. Download all the IJGA College Planning & Placement articles & resources here.
- Top 10 Questions to Ask the Coach When Considering College Golf Programs
- Your College Roadmap
- College Golf FAQs
- Typical College Golfer Scoring Averages
- What Prospective College Golfers need to Know about Scholarships and the NCAA
- The Teen Brain (and How to Deal With It)
- Overlooked College Golf Programs
- Best Small College Golf Programs
- Quiz – What Schools Are Right for Me?
How many College Golf Scholarships are available?
College golf scholarships available for men
College golf scholarships available for women
Incredible diversity together as one.
The incredible diversity at IJGA is one of our strongest assets; students come from over 40 states and more than 28 countries, but they all share a common desire to pursue their passion for golf into college and beyond. “We pride ourselves on the fact that a student attending the International Junior Golf Academy will leave with a better understanding of many other cultures and, thus the world,” said Lee-Anne Misseldine, Director of College Planning + Placement. “This type of global development not only makes them a better person, but will also help them stand out above their peers at college and beyond!”
[us_testimonial author=”Constance Tang” company=”(mother of Phyllis Yu Tang, class of 2014, signed to Boston University)”]Deep appreciation also goes to the college placement team who followed up closely during Phyllis’s college application process. Their college analysis has been very helpful to Phyllis in making the final decision. We will always remain proud and privileged student and parents of IJGA! Thank you once again!![/us_testimonial]
How many Division I College Golf Programs are there?
For male golfers
For female golfers
How many Division II College Golf Programs are there?
For male golfers
For female golfers
We provide the following services
- Share what college coaches are looking for and how they recruit
- Provide an honest and realistic assessment of the student-athlete’s current academic and golf abilities
- Assist with understanding the NCAA & NAIA eligibility centers
- Develop a clear, long-term game plan for the recruiting process
- Provide a calendar of major timelines for recruiting, financial aid, academic testing and admissions
- Provide college searches for “best fit” school based on academics and collegiate golf skill level.
- Share coaches’ contact information
- Assist with initial contact with college coaches
- Build a golf and academic resume
- Consult on tournament selection and practice design
- Present numerous technology elements that provide shot data analytics for presentation to coaches. This can be provided by IJGA coaches.