OLD CAROLINA CAMPUS
IJGA Old Carolina’s centralized campus boasts the state-of-the-art indoor Performance Training Center, a separate Performance Fitness Center, a Learning Center and FUEL Dining Hall.
Outdoors, student-athletes sharpen their iron making shots and short game skills on the Par-3 Challenge Course, The Himalayas and 9-hole putting green.
Change is in our DNA. If it’s good for our students, we’ll explore and embrace it.
WATCH FACILITIES VIDEO
ON CAMPUS AMENITIES
On the ‘new’ Old Carolina Campus, we built a state-of-the-art, indoor practice facility to rival any in the nation.
The IJGA PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTER features:
- The IJGA Performance Studio housing the Swing Catalyst 3D Motion Plate, only one of two junior golf academies in the world to feature this technology.
- An indoor hitting bay with the latest technology including V1 video, TrackMan, BodiTrak and golf simulators.
- A large indoor chipping, pitching and putting green big enough to accommodate multiple students with flat and undulating surfaces and the ability to receive pitch and chip shots with live ball flight.
- A long and straight putting green for technical work including SAM PuttLab.
- A welcome center, offices and a recreation area for students with a large circular TV.
- Staffed by coaches who strive to improve student-athlete athletic abilities.
- Training starts from basic mobility testing up to absolute strength and power testing.
- Athletes have the opportunity to train up to five times per week.
- Program elements are mobility, flexibility, power, strength and cardiovascular endurance.
FUEL DINING HALL
- Chefs who care as much about the people they serve as the food they serve them.
- Four-week meal rotations with emphasis on balanced nutrition.
- Tournament To-Go Snack Packs for every local tournament.
- Fresh fruit at every meal, salad and soup bar every lunch and dinner.
- Chefs with pastry skills (helpful to celebrate birthdays with awesome cakes!).
PAR-3 CHALLENGE COURSE
Reminiscent of St. Andrews Links’ Old Course, the new Par-3 Challenge Course and Himalayas afford student-athletes the opportunity to focus on their iron making shots and short game skills.
- The on-site course is just steps from the Performance Training Center, allowing for convenient indoor/outdoor practice and play.
- The par-3, 9-green course can be played in the reverse direction for an added challenge.
- Located in a park-like setting at Old Carolina, the course requires players to hit over water and navigate rolling terrain.
Short Game Performance training built for building short game confidence.
‘The Himalayas’ stretches three acres including:
- A pitching range allowing students to hone pitching skills to clearly define targets
- Purpose designed greens featuring flat areas for technical work and undulating surfaces for skills transfer and challenge
- Multiple putting greens to build putting skill and confidence
- A variety of different bunker styles with different sand conditions to train and prepare players for all types of golf courses
- Open every school night for group study, projects or mindful attention to work.
- Tutors available to assist in development across myriad subjects.
- Conference style tables as well as desks to meet various learning styles.
OFF CAMPUS AMENITIES
Pinecrest Golf Club, located in Blufton, SC is a 18-hole Semi-Private Championship Golf Course and the exclusive IJGA golf course.
Pinecrest Golf Club improvements in 2017 include:
- An exclusive and expanded tee for IJGA
- A video and putting building
- Only the best quality Titleist range balls
All in the heart of one of the world’s top golf destinations.
Hilton Head Island, SC has 12 miles of pristine beaches, 24 championship golf courses, tennis, biking, kayaking, arts & cultural venues, world-class dining, great shopping & more.
- 70-degree daytime average temperature
- 12 miles of beaches
- 33 championship golf courses
- 40 additional courses in the Hilton Head/Bluffton area
- Hilton Head voted “Best Island” in the continental U.S. and #2 Island in the World – Travel + Leisure 2017
- “Best Small Town Top 10” – Southern Living 2017
- Hilton Head ranked 7 in the 8 “Top Categories for Golf Destinations” – Golf Digest 2017
- Bluffton voted “Most Picturesque Small Town in South Carolina” – USA Today 2017